These Conditions govern your use of the worldwidedestinationguide.com website. (“the Website”). Please read these Conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Conditions, please do not use the Website.
1. Use of the Website
1.1 By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Conditions.
1.2 We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the Website. In doing this you may print one copy of the content of the Website which interests you.
1.3 In your personal use of the Website you may not do any of the following with the Website or its content:-
1.3.1 other than for the purpose of gaining access to the Website, download in electronic form on to disk or any server or any other storage device, whether or not connected to a network;
1.3.2 distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce (other than in the limited circumstances permitted by paragraph 1.2 above) or publish in any medium or format including, without limitation, on any personal blog or social networking website (but nothing in this paragraph 1.3.2 is intended to prohibit you from commenting about the Website or its content through any medium or format);
1.3.3 create any derivative work.
1.4 You may not resell, transfer or use any of the content of the Website for commercial purposes.
1.5 You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:-
1.5.1 disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
1.5.2 transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
1.5.3 interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
1.5.4 making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
1.6 We grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, limited right to create a hyperlink to the Website provided the link does not portray us, our affiliates, our advertisers, our sponsors or any of our, or their, respective products or services in a false, derogatory, misleading or offensive manner. You may not use any of our logos, trademarks or other proprietary marks or graphics as part of the link without our express written consent.
3. Availability and content of the Website
3.1 Although we aim to offer you the best possible service by your use of the Website, we make no promise that the availability of the Website will be uninterrupted and transmission will be fault free.
3.2 Your access to the Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, amendment or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
3.3 We try and ensure that the content of the Website is factually accurate and/or comment or opinion is fair and reasonable but we make no promise that this will always be the case and we do not promise that the information you obtain by using the Website will be of a satisfactory quality or fit or suitable for any particular purpose.
3.4 If a fault occurs with your access or use of the Website, or if you feel the Website contains any inaccuracy, please report it to us by using the feedback link on the Website and we will look into the matter as soon as we reasonably can.
4. Third party websites, products and services
4.3 Part of the Website may contain advertising or sponsorship by third parties who are responsible for ensuring that material included on the Website is accurate, complete, true and not misleading and complies with all relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible to you if such third party material is inaccurate, incomplete, untrue, misleading or non-compliant with relevant laws and codes.
5. Intellectual property
5.1 All content on the Website (including, without limitation, any name, logo, trade mark, image, form, page layout or text) is our property or, in appropriate cases, the property of the third party whose advertisement, sponsorship, website, services or goods are referred to on, or accessible via, the Website.
5.2 We are the exclusive owners of all software used on the Website and the exclusive owners of the compilation of all content on the Website.
5.3 Save as permitted under these Conditions, you may not extract (or in any other way utilise) the whole or any part of the content of the Website (including, without limitation, any name, logo, trade mark, image, form, page layout or text) without our express written consent.
Conditions forming part of these Conditions of Use and our Conditions for Sale of Goods. In the paragraphs below, the word “Conditions” applies to both the Conditions of Use and the Conditions for Sale of Goods.
6. Our liability
6.1 If we are in breach of the Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a reasonably foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you use the Website, or a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed. In any event, our liability shall not extend to or include business losses (including, without limitation, loss of contracts, revenue, profits, anticipated savings, unnecessary expenditure, goodwill or data) or any other consequential or indirect loss that is not reasonably foreseeable by both of us when you commence using the Website or when a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed.
6.2 Nothing in the Conditions limits our liability for death or personal injury caused from our negligence or breach of duty or caused by our wilful misconduct or gross negligence.
6.3 You will be responsible to us for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of the Conditions.
7. International use
7.1 We make no promise that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
8. Events beyond our reasonable control
8.1 We will not be responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our responsibilities under the Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
9. Events beyond our reasonable control
9.1 Your rights and obligations under the Conditions are personal and you may not assign or otherwise transfer such rights and obligations to a third party. No third party to whom you purport to assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations will have any enforceable rights against us.
10.1 If you breach the Conditions, and we choose to ignore the breach, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the Conditions.
11.1 If any of the Conditions is ruled void, invalid or for any other reason unenforceable, that Condition shall be severed and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Conditions.
12.1 We have the right to make changes to the Website, the Conditions and all other conditions and policies referred to in the Conditions or which apply the Conditions in whole or in part. This means that the Website, Conditions, policies and other conditions may have changed since your last use of the Website. Your use of the Website will be subject to the Conditions, policies and other conditions in force at the time you use the Website. If you do not accept these changes, you should not continue to use the Website.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction
13.1 The Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute arising under the Conditions.
14.1 The Website is owned by and is the sole property of APL Media Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales Company number: Company No: 3393234 VAT: 701391176
Registered Office: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Each promotion is subject to the specific directions and, if applicable, any terms and conditions published for the relevant promotion in APL Media Limited publications or on this website. In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in any promotion, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the relevant promotion as well as any terms and conditions of any relevant third party.
2. Employees and agents of APL Media Limited (APL) or any company connected with the production or distribution of a promotion or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable promotion, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Unless expressly stated for a particular promotion, promotions are restricted to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 years or over. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request. Written parental/guardian consent is required where a promotion states that participants may be under the age of 18.
3. Failure to claim a gift, prize or other promotional item by the time or in the manner specified for the particular promotion will make any claim invalid. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No applications will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
4. The determination and decision of the publishers of the magazine (the “Publishers”) on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence will be entered into. The Publishers reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond APL’s reasonable control.
5. Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Publishers reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
6. APL accept no liability for any promotion by a third party and such third party is responsible for the fulfilment of its promotion.
7. In the event of there being more claims than prizes available in any category, and subject to the provisions of rules 4 and 9, the names of the valid claimants will go into a draw for those prizes.
8. All entries (including but not limited to entries via game cards/other promotional devices) must be made available if requested for the checking or verification of any claim.
9. A promotion, or specific game cards/promotional devices, may be declared as void by the Publishers if game cards/promotional devices contain a printing error, or involve a production or distribution error, of any kind. Game cards or other promotional devices found to be mutilated, illegible, altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with in any way will also be declared void by the Publishers. Photocopies will not be accepted. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the promotion appear in the magazine or on this website.
10. Publicity may be given to promotion winners and winners’ names and images may be published in the magazine and on this website and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
11. Winners will be notified within 28 days of the relevant closing date and names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to the address published up to one month after the closing date.
12. No purchase of any kind is necessary for free prize draws. Follow the directions and any terms and conditions for the relevant promotion as published in the magazine or on this website.
13. Prizes, gifts and other promotional items are as described in the magazine or on this website. Winners/claimants of holidays are responsible for ensuring that they and any partners hold valid passports and any necessary visas or other necessary travel documentation for the trip in question. Unless otherwise stated, insurance and travel to and from airports is excluded. Winners/claimants of vehicle prizes must hold valid driving licences prior to driving.
14. All competition entrants can opt out of marketing materials by ticking the appropriate box on the online form. Alternatively send an email to APL firstname.lastname@example.org with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject.